Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 37 - Run to Finish








Do you not know that those who run in a race all run,
but one receives the prize?
Run in such a way that you may obtain it.
- 1 Corinthians 9:24



I press toward the goal for the prize
of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 3:14





I am a firm believer in goals. 

Do-able and realistic goals - yes. But also God-sized ones that speak of kingdom assignments and calling and destiny.  

If people say New Year resolutions are doomed to failure, well... sadly they have failed before they have even begun. According to their faith it shall be done unto them.

As for me, I believe that goals we set for ourselves are indicators of God dreams that have been deposited in our hearts long before we came into this world.

So be encouraged! Ask God to reveal His dream for you this 2014, and aim for it!

A goal is like a vision. Habakkuk 2:3 has this to say:


Write the vision
and make it plain on tablets,
that he may run who reads it.
for the vision is yet for an appointed time;
but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
because it will surely come,
it will not tarry.



In my journal I have written down my personal vision statement. It gives me a general direction for my year, defines my choices and decisions, and inspires me to move forward and upward.

I pray that when this year ends 12 months from now, we will be able to say "I have reached my finish line, my goal for this year!"

Jesus is waiting for us there and we will hear Him say, "Well done... you did it! You have been faithful... you have done well!"


No comments:

Post a Comment