Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 40 - Believe






So Jesus answered and said to them:
"Have faith in God.
For assuredly, I say to you,
whoever says to this mountain,
'Be removed and be cast into the sea,'
and does not doubt in his heart,
but believe that those things he says will be done,
he will have whatever he says.
Therefore I say to you,
whatever things you ask when you pray,
believe that you receive them,
and you will have them."

- Mark 11:23, 24



Today, January 6, the Feast of the Epiphany, is the fortieth and last day of my journey to the heart of my Abba Father. I started this in Manila a week before I left for the US... and today I am here in the US, about to return to the Philippines.

It has been an amazing 40 day journey. For forty days out of the 4 months that I was here I have looked at specific Scripture, meditated on it, and allowed it to speak life to me. In this journey, it was my desire to draw closer to God, and receive specific instruction from Him for the year ahead of me.

Today the passage is another favorite of mine - it talks about having faith in asking God for anything. The promise is that I will have them.

This is like a blank check. Only believe, and what I ask, no matter how seemingly impossible, shall be done for me.

I believe Lord.

Thank You.




No comments:

Post a Comment