Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Comforter





But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things, And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.

- John 14:26 Amplified Bible



The past two days Abba Father has been speaking to my heart about the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

The fruit of the Spirit is 

Love... Joy... Peace...

Patience... Kindness... Goodness...

Faithfulness... Gentleness... Self-Control...


Only one fruit, but nine facets.

I've been soaking myself in these two verses found in Galatians 5:22-23.


Against such there is no law.

Nothing and no one will ever be able to stand or work against this fruit.


Cultivating this fruit in our lives is God's answer to the environment of death in which we live.

The fruit of the spirit has powerful, healing qualities.

But the most awesome thing about it is that the nine facets of the fruit are all found in God's heart. This fruit speaks of the very nature of God.

And it is available to you and me freely... abundantly... without measure.


Each part of the fruit is God's antidote to the toxic negative situations we find ourselves in.


A specific example is in the area of offense. There are people who are still easily offended even though they have been Christians a long time. Offended with life situations... offended with political decisions... offended even with harmless Facebook comments...

Then the on-line teaching I was listening to this morning mentioned this one simple statement, and I paused to let his words sink in:


If you're easily offended, it only shows one thing -
you do not have a relationship with the Holy Spirit as Comforter.



Wow... that's so simple, yet so deep.

Carrying an offense has a lot to do with feeling like you have to fight a battle, not necessarily your own. And it is a heavy burden to carry. Because, it also has a lot to do with self-righteousness.

And, I think that self-righteousness makes you want to protect your own interests and your rights, including your own treasured opinions, beliefs, and doctrines.

But, when we know the Holy Spirit as Comforter, we can let Him fight our battles for us, and let His comfort surround us like a "comforter" to keep us warm on a cold winter night.

The enemy lies to us, making us think we have a right to be offended.

But the truth is... we have no right to be offended! Not, if we are God's children.

For if God is our Father, then we have every right to be comforted and shielded from fighting battles that are not intended for us.

Beloved friend, if you are carrying a heavy burden of offense, put it down right now. Let our Comforter embrace you and cleanse you.

We have every right to be healed from the wounds that hold us back and weigh us down!

Healing is our birthright.


I love You my Abba Father...

I love You Jesus, my Savior, Redeemer, Lord...

I love You Holy Spirit, my Comforter, my Healer, my Guiding Light...




No comments:

Post a Comment